Elevandi, a new Company Limited by Guarantee (GLC) created by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) to manage the Singapore Fintech Festival (SFF), has appointed an international board of directors to oversee its work.
Sopnendu Mohanty, MAS’ Chief Fintech Officer, will serve as the Chairman of the Elevandi Board.
The directors will bring diverse perspectives and insights on innovations driving the financial sector.
The appointment of the board members comes just a few weeks prior to the start of SFF on the 8th-12th November, which will be co-organised by MAS and Elevandi, in partnership with The Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS).
The board of directors include:
- Jo Ann Barefoot, CEO and Co-founder of Alliance for Innovative Regulation and Co-founder of Hummingbird Regtech. Based in the U.S, she is a globally well-regarded policymaker with over 35 years of experience and was the first woman Deputy Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).
- Neil Parekh, Partner and Head of Asia, Australia and New Zealand at Tikehau Capital. He is an accomplished Singaporean banker with over 30 years of global experience in financial services including the APAC region, Europe and the U.S.
- Pieter Franken, is a global fintech pioneer and a passionate innovator based in Japan. His career in the financial services spans over 30 years where he specialised in fintech, innovation and large-scale digital transformations.
- Matthias Kröner, Founder and Managing Director of Tradelite Solutions, is based in Germany. He has over 25 years in financial services sector having served as the Co-founder of Fidor Bank and CEO of DAB Bank.
- Sopnendu Mohanty, Chief Fintech Officer at the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Sopnendu is a well-known Singaporean fintech professional with over 25 years of global experience in the financial sector with a focus on technology and innovation.
Pat Patel, Elevandi’s General Manager said,
“I am delighted to welcome our new board of directors who will help us drive our mission in the coming years.
Importantly our diverse mix of directors will provide sound guidance to help us capture expanding fintech opportunities around the world. We look forward to announcing new directors over the coming months.”