Dash PET by Etiqa Insurance, an insurance savings plan created in partnership with Singtel Dash and Etiqa Insurance, has been helping users save better by providing access to high-returns savings in a low-interest environment since February 2021.
From 9 September, Dash PET users can opt in to earn additional 0.2% p.a. on their savings and get free insurance coverage for the first year of their Dash PET policy.
Keenly aware that savings and protection go hand in hand, Dash PET is providing selected policyholders a headstart on their personal finance journey with a complimentary coverage of up to S$50,000 for death and total and permanent disability in the users’ first Dash PET policy year.
Three new add-on protection plans have also been launched to help users get the coverage they need.
High-returns savings and insurance for everyone
In a survey that was conducted among Dash users, 50% of those aged between 17-24 years did not have insurance coverage.
With free protection added in the latest Dash PET update, the protection gap is now plugged with users gaining access to not only a high returns insurance savings product, but also comprehensive insurance coverage.
Catering to people from all walks of life, whether they are students, first jobbers, gig economy workers or seasoned professionals, users can start saving and insuring from as low as $50 and up to $30,000.
Dash PET is also an additional avenue for foreigners who are using Singtel Dash to remit money home, to earn more returns on their savings – all within the same mobile wallet app.
Some key benefits of Dash PET include:
- High returns in a low-interest environment: Users earn 1.3% p.a. on the first S$10,000 saved, and 0.3% p.a. for savings above the first S$10,000
- Capital-guaranteed savings: The savings put into Dash PET are safe against any fluctuations or macroeconomic factors
- No lock-in period: Users enjoy the flexibility of topping up or withdrawing their savings anytime, which makes Dash PET an ideal place to store emergency funds.
- Free insurance coverage: Users are eligible for up to $50,000 coverage for Death and Total Permanent Disability, COVID-19 coverage that includes vaccine side effects, as well as life protection of 105% of their account value
All users enjoy these benefits as long as they maintain a minimum account value of $50.
By introducing a low point of entry, Dash PET makes saving and insurance accessible to practically everyone.
Dash PET is also protected by SDIC, making it an even safer way to save and insure.
Bite-sized protection with full coverage
Dash PET policy holders who want more protection on top of the free protection can now do so with the three add-on protection plans.
With premiums starting from just $0.02 a day, users can enhance their protection with coverage in the following areas:
- Major Cancer: Covers critical stage cancers, including leukemia, lymphoma and sarcoma
- Death & Total and Permanent Disability: Provides lump sum payment in the event of death or inability to perform three out of six Activities of Daily Living (ADL).
- Accidental Death: Lump sum payment in the event of accidental death
Users pay on a daily basis but receive full coverage from S$10,000 to S$100,000 as long as their policies stay active.
Touted as a PET that ‘takes care of’ its owners, users can earn an additional 0.2% p.a. interest when they opt in for the free protection, and additional interest of up to 0.25% p.a. for each add-on protection plan that they activate.
Protect, Earn and Transact anywhere
Available exclusively on the Singtel Dash all-in-one mobile wallet, Dash PET helps users Protect, Earn and Transact conveniently whenever, and wherever they are.
Providing bite-sized insurance coverage, high returns on savings, and seamless transfers to facilitate payments, Dash PET is the perfect companion for users on their personal finance journey.
- *For the first $10,000 Account Value: 1.3% p.a. for the first policy year. For above first $10,000 Account Value: 0.3% p.a. for the first policy year. Crediting rate is non-guaranteed.
- ^Additional 0.2% p.a. to the existing 1.3% p.a. returns for your first S$10,000 Dash PET savings during the first policy year while the complimentary protection is active. Complimentary Accidental Death coverage will be offered for the same sum assured and duration if you are not eligible for this add-on protection. Sum assured will be based on your age and occupation.
- #Additional interests of up to 0.25% p.a. from each activated payable add-on protection applies to the first S$10,000 account value of your active Dash PET policy.
- This policy is underwritten by Etiqa Insurance Pte. Ltd. (Company Reg. No. 201331905K). This advertisement is for general information only. Terms apply. Full details of the policy terms and conditions can be found in the policy contract on dash.com.sg/dashpet. Protected up to specified limits by SDIC. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact us or visit the Life Insurance Association (LIA) or SDIC websites (www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg). As buying a life insurance policy is a long-term commitment, an early termination of the policy usually involves high costs and the surrender value, if any, that is payable to you may be zero or less than the total premiums paid. You should seek advice from a financial adviser before deciding to purchase the policy. If you choose not to seek advice, you should consider if the policy is suitable for you. This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Information is accurate as at 9 September 2021.